One of the first official Feadships is “Pelikaan II”, launched 1949 at Nicolaas Witsen & Vis in Alkmaar. The 44 gross tons steel hull yacht, with yard no. 879, had a length of 18.62m / 61’1”, a beam of 4.3m / 14’2” and a draft 1,17m / 3’1”. The first owner, Mr. H. J. Wenborn from Cape Town, South Africa, commissioned her for £9,500 and kept her in Holland to cruise the Dutch waters. Actually Wenborn didn’t cruise the boat himself, his captain did, of course wearing a hat.
In 1953 the yacht was sold on 12 March 1953 to Mr. Diepenveen to become “Isis II”. Her third owner, Mr. Staalduinen bought the yacht on 28 October 1968 and renamed her “Siphra” and eventually sold her to Mr. Snel of Maastricht.